Invest in your
health, and quality of life with Painless Living.
Prompt Payment Discount
For patients who make coinsurance payments on the date of
service there will be a prompt payment discount. Coinsurance is the
percentage of the charges that an insurance contract leaves as the
patient’s responsibility. For example, an insurance contract that pays
70% and leaves 30% coinsurance for the patient to pay. Many insurance
policies have coinsurance for the out of network benefits.
This prompt payment discount will apply only to payment made on the date of service. The prompt payment discount applies only when the payment made, with the discount, completely satisfies the anticipated amount due from the patient for that date of service.
If your insurance company sends payment to you, please send the check along with the attached Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to us within 10 days from the date on the check. This will allow us to make appropriate adjustments to the amount you owe. If you cash the check, or fail to provide us with the EOB as requested, you could lose the benefit of both the prompt payment discount as well as any reductions shown on the EOB.
To make calculations convenient, we have rounded discounted coinsurance amounts to
even dollar amounts. There is no prompt payment discount for patients with Medicare or Medicare replacement policies. The estimated patient responsibility is to be paid in full on the date of service. If the final EOB indicates an adjustment to your account, the adjustment will be made and you will be notified. If the estimated patient responsibility is not paid in full on the date of service, a statement fee of $25 will be added to your balance.
There is no prompt payment discount for patients with Medicare
or Medicare replacement policies. The estimated patient responsibility
is to be paid in full on the date of service. If the final EOB
indicates an adjustment to your account, the adjustment will be made
and you will be notified. If the estimated patient responsibility is
not paid in full on the date of service, a statement fee of $25 will be
added to your
Unfortunately, we cannot trust your insurance company to pay
your bills. We will charge you for services based upon the fee schedule
for cash rates. All charges are to be paid on the date of service. We
will then file your insurance forms for you. If your insurance company
pays anything, they will mail the check to you. You can keep the check.
If Anthem fails to pay you what is owed to you under your contract, we will assist you by providing you with copies of treatment notes and codes.
Michael G. Cassaro, M.D., P.S.C. will file claims with your
insurance companies as a courtesy to you. You will request that payment
of benefits be made directly to Michael G. Cassaro, M.D., P.S.C. for
any services or supplies furnished to you. You assign directly to
Michael G Cassaro, M.D., P.S.C. all medical benefits, if any, other
wise payable to you for services rendered. You authorize Michael G.
Cassaro, M.D., P.S.C. to release all information necessary to secure
the payment of benefits.
You agree that you are responsible for the entire bill, including amounts not paid by your insurance company for any reason. You further agree to pay reasonable collection costs incurred by Michael G. Cassaro, M.D., P.S.C., including bank charges, collection agency fees, court costs, statement fees, attorney fees and reasonable interest of one and one half per cent per month from the date of service.
You will request that payment of authorized Medicare benefits
be made to Michael G Cassaro, MD, PSC for any services or supplies
furnished to you. You authorize any holder of medical information about
you to release to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
and its agents any information needed to determine these benefits or
the benefits payable for related services.
We look forward to your first appointment.
Wellness Center Highlights:
- In-depth Patient Evaluation
- On-site Surgical Center
- Welcoming & Experienced Staff
- On-site Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging
- Alternative & Complimentary Therapies
- Comprehensive Nerve Testing